Arsenal Have had Great strikers from Ian Wright to Thierry Henry. Watch videos of Strikers of the past present and future. Strikers of Arsenal from Wright to Vela

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Rosicky: Czech player of the Year


Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has been named Czech Republic Player of the Year. It is the third time the 26-year-old, known as 'Little Mozart' in his homeland, has captured the honour.

Rosicky previously won the award in 2001 and 2002 and modestly suggested that Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech should have pipped him to the prize after battling back from a serious head injury.

"Cech deserved to win for all he has had to overcome," said Rosicky.

The Czech star believes he has improved since completing his move from Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal last summer.

"I did not play badly at Dortmund but I needed the transfer to get better," said Rosicky. "I settled quickly in the Arsenal line-up and that is a mental boost for every player.

"I am a completely different man to when I first won this award in 2001. I have grown up, although I probably still look like a child because of my baby face."


text from arsenal.com

No comments: